Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Thoughts on WordPress

Wow -- I received some absolutely lovely comments from visitors on my kitty post below. My kitty and I want to thank each and every one of you, and kitty-boy thinks that he should have his own weekly picture day on my blog. What do you all think? ;o)

*****************************

A big "Thank you!" to a few more who have recently subscribed to my blog (Yay for AW friends!):

Kira Connally at Loving Twilight
Jen Nipps at Creatif

*****************************

My husband and I are in the process of creating a website for me to use to showcase my writing passion, and other random things about me. I mentioned in a previous post that I want to keep my TemlynWriting website as my actual writing business site, and not use it for my personal portfolio and other information. I'm looking forward to premiering my new site, and considering moving my blog to the new site as well.

I'm considering relocating my blog from Blogger in an effort to try WordPress. Does anyone reading here have any experience with it? Good, bad, indifferent? I love the various themes, and have already picked one that suits my personality. I also am a bit enchanted with all of the options, like having people who comment be able to leave their e-mail addresses, so I can reply directly to them, and know that they'll see my response, rather than posting a response in the original comment box on my blog, and wondering if the people will return to view it, or responding on their blogs with something that makes absolutely no sense on their blogs, meaning they'd have to refer back to my blog anyway.

I know that Haloscan has this e-mail option that can be added onto Blogger, but I don't really like my comments being on a completely separate "entity" of a site; I prefer them all being in one place. Plus, I can't quite figure out how to paste old comments onto Haloscan once it's in my template. I've tried. I just don't think it's for me.

So, WordPress.
Discuss.
blog comments powered by Disqus