Friday, November 11, 2005

Writers Remember is LIVE!

I know that quite a few of you asked about Writers Remember, and I wanted to let you know that the website is now live at http://www.writersremember.com! We bought the domain name, have been tweaking the site, and my husband just added a forum last night, which we will be tweaking this weekend. (Edited to add: Forum & Message Board are live! Come visit!) My hubby also worked on adding a wonderful drop-down menu for each section heading, and he deserves major kudos for that! :o)

For those of you wondering how this site will be any different from the dozens of other writing sites out there, here's what I shared with someone recently:
I really mulled over the thought of creating Writers Remember, because there are so many sites for writers out there, and I didn't want to be just another clone. I wanted this one to serve a different purpose, and not be in competition, as I'm a member of several writing sites that are pretty well-known, and I see no reason to try and copy them. However, the idea for Writers Remember just struck me as something that could be very helpful and inspiring to other writers, including myself, who may find themselves burnt out in the competitive world of writing.
I'm planning on adding at least one article per week, if possible, though this week has been busy. I've also been adding quotes, inspiring works from authors & poets, writing markets, and links. As for resources, we have encouraging books of nonfiction and fiction, writing utensils and journals, tea & coffee (coming soon), and films about writers.

The newsletter mailing list has been changed, too. It is now being hosted at Yahoo, so please sign up for updates and the informative newsletter! Send a blank e-mail to this address (writersremember-subscribe@yahoogroups.com) or join here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/writersremember/

Several people have shown interested in being on staff and writing columns for the site. If you're interested in adding your expertise, please contact me at editor@writersremember.com, and let me know how you would be interested in helping!

I hope that Writers Remember will be of great encouragement to many of you!

Ray--I haven't forgotten that you tagged me. I'll get that fun stuff ready for next week! :o)

P.S. Anyone like the new template? I'm a big fan of GREEN! :o)

Category tags:
blog comments powered by Disqus